Wednesday, January 15, 2014

"Snakebite" and Tire Upgrade

As I have mentioned in an earlier post, I experienced the first snakebite (tire puncture) from a glass shard since I got my el cheapo mountain bike. Later in the day, I ran to my favorite small bike shop and got me a new rear tire.  I'm glad that I took the time to go to the shop. The owner was nice enough to give me pointers about MTB wheels and tires. I learned new stuff which are priceless. I also learned that the bike vendor didn't do a good job assembling the wheels and tires. At least, now I know some really good points which I will definitely share with you guys in a future post.

The tire was made by a local company called Leo Tires and the tire model was hilariously called "MuddyMax" (L-027-013 red side wall) sized 26 x 1.95 . Although the stock tire on my bike was a 26 x 1.50, I opted for the 1.95 for the beefier look, and the grooves are larger on the new tire compared to the old one. The new "MuddyMax" tire set me back 248 bucks.

Sure enough, the rear is beefier than the front but it's ok. I'll be replacing the front tire soon. Oh, and the old tire will be patched tomorrow by a local tire patcher.

 Pictures after the jump.






No comments:

Post a Comment